The inception of Triveni Glass Limited (TGL) was due to the vision of its founder Chairman & Managing Director, Late Mr. D. N. Agrawal. In 1956 he brought to India the first technology to manufacture laminated safety glass for automobiles. Thereafter, he added other products like tempered glass, mirrors etc. In all these products his group was the pioneer in India. Due to shortage of sheet glass in India at that time, Late Mr. D. N. Agrawal set up a vertical draw sheet glass plant at Allahabad (U.P.) under a new company - Triveni Sheet Glass Works Limited. The company was incorporated in 1971 and started its first production in December 1976.
Later, Triveni added two more vertical drawn sheet plants, a figured glass plant, a float glass plant at its factory at Allahabad and added two new factories-to manufacture Neutral Glass Tubes at Meerut (U.P.) and two plants to manufacture figured glass at Rajahmundry (A.P.). Triveni had the capacity to rnanufacture all types of flat glass - Float, Sheet (clear & tinted), Figured (clear & tinted), Reflective, Mirrors, Table Tops. It duly changed its name to Triveni Glass Limited.
In a bid to offer better services and improve the profitability of the Company, Triveni has closed down its factory at Allahabad and hived off the factory at Meerut. Triveni today, runs two plants at Rajahmundry manufacturing clear & coloured Figured (Patterned) Glass in over 25 designs (patterns) and seven tints.
Figured Glass that Triveni manufactures can be tempered and has been exported to various countries like Italy, France, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, South Africa, Australia, Egypt, Sudan, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Yemen, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, SriLanka, Bangladesh, U.A.E, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait etc. Triveni is the winner of CAPEXIL Award for exports for more than three years.